How to Donate Masks and Caps
If you are a talented individual who can sew homemade masks or surgical type beanie caps for our caregivers, you can help! Under normal circumstances a fabric mask is not recommended for clinical use. Due to this crisis, we are adjusting in accordance with the CDC guidelines and expert counsel. At this time we are accepting the donation of homemade masks to put in our inventory for future use. SGMC has already implemented a process for mask donations with the community so please let us know if you would like to help with that. However, the need to cloth surgical type beanies to cover the head are in need of now, due to the lack of access to disposable bouffant head covers which are supplied for operating rooms only. Please view the tutorial videos below for more details.
You may mail donation of masks and/or caps or email to set up drop-off location, date and time:
2501 N. Patterson Street
Valdosta, GA 31602
Email: [email protected]
Other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) can also be donated:
• Masks: procedure masks (also referred to as isolation masks or earloop
masks and N95 masks)
• Eye Protection: safety goggles or preferably full-face shields
• Hand Sanitizer: must be at least 70% alcohol
• Gloves: unopened boxes of non-laytex gloves
• Disinfecting Wipes/Cleaners: Clorox and Lysol wipes are acceptable. Any
other cleaners must be on the COVID-19 approved list generated by the EPA.