First Commerce Credit Union and South Georgia Medical Center Foundation partner to launch #PinkPower #FlamingoChallenge in South Georgia during breast cancer awareness month to support patients at SGMC's Pearlman Cancer Center.
You can help us make a difference for patients fighting cancer!
1. The Kickoff: First Commerce is starting the challenge with 10 flocks of flamingos that will be delivered to businesses, organizations, schools and individuals. When the flamingos and yard sign arrive at your location, you have been officially challenged!
2. Make Your Pledge and Fundraise: Once you have accepted the challenge, pledge an amount you intend to raise to help patients fighting breast cancer. Any amount will make a difference! You can make a donation, work with your team/family/friends to fundraise, or pledge a portion of the proceeds of a product or service (think pink!). 100% of your tax-deductible gift will directly support patients fighting breast cancer.
3. Get Social: Make your pledge on social media, striking a flamingo pose with the flock. Tag @FirstCommerceCU and @SGMCFoundation on facebook and use #PinkPower #FlamingoChallenge and #BreastCancerAwareness. Get creative and decorate the flamingos (and remember to strike the flamingo pose and post the photo/s)!
4. Keep It Moving: Decide who you will challenge next! Reach out to your contact to describe the campaign and ensure they are willing to participate (think about who has a connection to the cause). To maximize the fun and impact, our goal is for each flock to move within 24 hours.
5. Issue the Challenge: Once someone has agreed to accept the challenge, share these guidelines so they can be thinking about how they would like to participate. Then, tape the guidelines to the back of the yard sign and deliver along with the flock to a visible location at the business, organization, school or home. Announce your challenge on social media by taking a photo of the flamingos in their new habitat, tagging @FirstCommerceCU and @SGMCFoundation on facebook and using #PinkPower #FlamingoChallenge #FindTheFlock #BreastCancerAwareness.
6. Make Your Donation: Continue your awareness and fundraising to meet – or beat – your pledge. Please submit donations to the SGMC Foundation. You can give online by clicking the link below. You can also mail checks to the SGMC Foundation, P.O. Box 1727 Valdosta, GA 31603. Please make checks out to “SGMC Foundation” and include “Flamingo Challenge” on the memo line. Donation questions? Call 229.433.1071.